Care Homes Covid-19 Support Information
GSF Support Call - 6 May 2020
GSF Support Call - 20 May 2020
6. Tops tips to improve mental well being - NHS site - Get your Mind Plan
7. ReactTo website - https://www.reactto.co.uk/
GSF Support Call - 10 June 2020
5. Webinar RCGP/AHSN: https://youtu.be/eLDdGSIHBjQ
6. Resources: AHSN Network: RESTORE2 and other soft signs tools:
Videos for carers at www.e-lfh.org.uk and also available on YouTube
7. Care Homes Strategy for Infection Prevention & Control of Covid-19 Based on Clear Delineation of Risk Zones - Link to where you can download the strategy document:
- Link For any questions, comments or suggested changes, please contact: Eric Fewster, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 7814 788 846
8. Sometimes, people with dementia can be upset about being cared for by someone wearing PPE. Here are a few things you dan do to ease any stress:
- Have your name and picture clearly visible on clothing.
- Laminate a smiley face and flowers on PPE.
- Use tone of voice and open body language to demonstrate warmth.
- Draw or use written words to communicate where appropriate.
- Explain why you are taking a sample - these may need to be repeated.
- Play some of the person's favourite music to aid relaxation.
- Ensure hearing aids and glasses are worn and working.
9. Digital Social Care - Digital support for care homes - Internet connection deals for care homes
Really helpful website with lots of info: www.digitalsocialcare.co.uk
GSF Support Call - 1 July 2020
GSF Support Call - 22 July 2020
1. Public Health England - How to work safely in care homes
2. British Geriatrics Society - One Stop Shop for Frailty
3. Scottish Government publications;
GSF Support Call - 16 September 2020